While I have another journal entry that I’d really like to write right now,
1. I never mention to people I know that I have a blog/journal/website, though I’d be happy if they read it.
2. I want to race motorcycles sometime. I don’t know how my folks are going to take it.
3. Sometimes when I’m teaching, I refer to myself in the third person. “If you pack up quickly, you can go early because Mr Jolly really needs to get a muffin.”
4. A lot of students don’t believe that I’m Australian.
5. I’m a sucker for women with West European accents. A sucker.
6. Even though I have dozens of riding friends and over a hundred biking acquaintances, the last person close to me that died was my Nanna on my Dad’s side. That was over ten years ago. There have been a lot of close calls though.
7. I’m now slightly worried that someone is going to remind me of a friend of mine who is dead and I’m going to look like a heartless bastard.
8. I watch a hell of a lot of movies.
9. I’m not as ‘in touch’ with the music scene as I used to be, but I still keep tabs on the bands that I like.
10. Somewhere along the line, Trent Reznor went from being a demigod to being a bit of a whiner.
11. I only have one jumper that I really wear out. Sometimes I wonder if anyone has noticed or not.
12. I recently got tips on caring from my hair from a group of three fifteen-year-old girls. It’s surprising how well it’s worked.
13. I don’t play computer games by myself anymore. Sometimes I think I’m missing out on some fun and some great stories, but most of the time I don’t notice.
14. I can’t remember the last time I was actually stressed out. I don’t know when it was, but it just kind of stopped happening.
15. Sometimes I have these quiet moments where I’m afraid that I can’t tell the difference between who I am, as my personality, and what is just the effects of the mind-altering drugs I cram into my system every morning.
16. I often talk or mumble in my sleep. Sometimes I scream. I scream. I don’t know if it’s Night Terror or something else, but lately I’ve considered that it might make things interesting if I was sharing sleeping quarters with another person.
17. If I knew what I wanted, I think it would take a lot of the fun and mystery out of life. But also a lot of the worrying.
18. The making of this list was interrupted for about twelve hours after number sixteen when I went to have lunch with my brother, my sister and her husband.
19. I think I should hug people more often than I do at the moment.
20. I don’t know what’s coming next.